The TrendSight Group’s Marketing to Women Solution
- About the company: Trade Secret is an all-in-one retail store and full-service salon offering women beauty treatments and products at value prices, including 3,000 of the newest products on the market in over 600 locations nationwide.
- Situation:Trade Secret needed to revise its strategic brand direction in order to:
- focus on their primary customers (women),
- Re-position the company from “vendor distribution channel” to a “retail brand.”
- TSG’s Role:
- Used the steps in the GenderTrends Customer ViewFinder™ conduct Girlfriend Groups, Ethnographies, Store Manager Interviews.
- Delivered “Engage & Excite” presentation to entire team in order to educate employees on the strategic re-positioning efforts and the fundamentals of marketing to women.
- Presented three viable brand strategy and positioning options to Trade Secret.
- Guided the company’s in-house design team to implement the recommended strategy and positioning through in-store elements and updated website.
- Store managers were highly enthusiastic and reported positive customer response.